These are the specifics of the goods you sell on amazon. These particulars might not match other sellers’ listings. For example, you might sell the same Bose speakers as another seller, but your condition, cost, or processing time can be different. To view and modify information about both products and listings, use Manage Inventory. Item information, also known as inventory information, is the combination of product and listing information.
Listings provide all of the details a customer needs to make a purchase, which makes them essential to Amazon sales. As a supplier, it is your responsibility to make sure customers can quickly and easily access your product page. To assist you in getting started, we’ll go over how to create your first Amazon listing and identify the key elements of product pages that influence sales.
STEP 1: Create an Amazon listing
After logging into your Seller Central account, select “Add a Product” from the Inventory drop-down menu.
You have the option of generating your listing or listing an exciting product on this website. To make a distinct listing. Select “I am adding a product not sold on Amazon” from the menu.
You will then need to provide the information for your product listing. You may open the advanced view and enter more information about your product by clicking the toggle button in the top right corner. 8 sections must be completed.
1. Vital Info
8. More Detail
1. Vital Info
In order to list the products, you need a special code for your item, such as a UPC, EAN, or GCID. If you are unable to add the product, you will not be able to save the listing.
Name/Title of the Product:
Your product information is displayed in the product title. Your product title can be up to 200 characters long, including spaces.
Products from the same brand are identified by a common name, logo, or other distinguishing markings that are printed on the item or its packaging and set it apart from competing goods.
for your privately labelled goods is your Amazon business name. Brand: The brand that appears on the listings under your private label.
Your product’s size is represented by a number. Such as 1”, 1.5” and 10 inches.
The size map for your product is given in characters. For instance, Small, Medium, and large, etc Color: The color of your product.
A color map shows the overall colors of objects. As a result, although the color may be called “Navy,” “Azure,” or “Still Winter Lake,” they are all mapped to the color “Blue.”
You may now enter all the important facts and photographs for your product!
You create multiple listings by using the variant option. For instance, the item you are listening to comes in a variety of sizes, colours, and styles. If not, you can remove this step.
Price: Your product does sell for the price listed on Amazon.
Seller SKU: A stock-keeping unit (SKU) is a code that identifies a company, product, or service. It is sometimes represented as a machine-readable barcode that aids in inventory tracking.
Condition: Your items are affected by the condition. You have the option of selling goods that are brand new or usable. If your product has been used, you can include information about its condition in the condition notes section. Indicators like “Ships in original Packaging” or “Has some strains on the top,” for instance
Handling Time: Indicate how long it will take you to ship an order after payment has been received. It takes one to two business days by default. If you anticipate needing more than two business days, use this field.
Fulfillment Channel: There are two choices in this channel.
- Fulfilled by Amazon: This refers to the product being delivered to an Amazon warehouse by the product owner. After that, Amazon will pick, pack, and ship the package after you place an order.
- Merchant Fulfilled: This indicates that it is the owner’s responsibility to ship the item.
When you include a battery-related item on your list, a compliance option is employed. By examining product import documentation, identifying risks, and confirming that transactions and safe and legal, Amazon will confirm that customers are secure and informed.
Style Guidelines for Product Images
- Products must take up a minimum of 85% of the image. Images must solely feature the item that is being sold, with few or no other props, and without logos, watermarks, or inset pictures. Only writing that is an integral part of the product may appear in images.
- Main photos must not have any forbidden accessories, have a background that is entirely white, and be photographs rather than drawings.
- To be found a place, images must have a minimum width and height of 1000 and 500 pixels, respectively
- Images can only have a maximum length of 10,000 pixels
- Although JPEG is the preferred image format, TIFF and GIF files are also acceptable
Amazon is able to include the new option in the image’s sections.
Upload Multiple Files:
You can use this option to upload ten photographs with one click utilising the upload multiple files choices. Otherwise, you can individually upload each image.
Key Product Feature/Built Point: The bullets on the detail page refer to the Key Product Features. Customers’ purchasing decisions can be influenced if you provide them with information about your product in detail. A maximum of 500 characters can be used for each bullet point. Use them to draw attention to some of the most crucial features of the product. Depending on the category, you can add up to five bullet points in each listing.
Your product is described in the product description: It provides prospective clients with sufficient details about its features and advantages to pique their interest and persuade them to make a purchase. Additionally, it is quite important for conversions and search rankings on Amazon. The maximum number of characters you can use in your product description is 2000.
- Intended Use: This section outlines the activities, occasions, settings, or circumstances for which the product is intended to be utilised. You may list up to five purposes.
- Target Audience: Children’s books are written for “children,” not for the parents who might buy them, as the term “target audience” refers to the end-user rather than the buyer. This information will be used to market this product on the website. You enhance the likelihood that potential customers will find this product by using pertinent search terms.
- Other Attributes: Include any extra product attributes in this option.
- Subject Matter: You can give more details about your products by using subject matter. There are 5 fields totaling 250 characters, each each having a character limit of 50.
- Search Terms: Shopping customers utilise search terms like keywords to locate things. The product listing backend gathers appropriate products for search results based on the customer’s search keywords. This field can hold up to 249 characters, including spaces. Special characters are not allowed.
- Platinum Keywords: These keywords provide you more freedom than the standard listing keywords. Additionally, custom categories are created using Platinum keywords.
8. More Information
You must provide the necessary information about your products in the “additional details” option in accordance with the category you have chosen. Including things like weight, material, item dimensions, package dimensions, etc. In the back end of the listing, the item/package measurements are crucial. You won’t be able to ship the item if you don’t include the item or package dimensions.
An Expertly Written Listing Can Facilitate Quick Sales.
An opportunity like creating a fresh Amazon listing never comes around again. In contrast to other aspects of selling on Amazon, a listing is a location where your brand can stand out and customers can understand why they should be interested in your goods. You get to pick the images and product details that you believe will persuade buyers to buy your item since it is being sold solely by you.
You should take your time when designing a product listing in light of this. By looking at how people find and see your goods, you can design a product page that is highly visible and alluring to them.