A programme called the Amazon Brand Registry gives verified brand owners improved reporting capabilities and more control over their brand throughout the whole Amazon site.
In order to help brand owners safeguard their registered trademarks and give customers an accurate and reliable experience, Amazon announced a new and updated Brand Registry in May 2017. Users now have access to proprietary text and picture search, predictive automation, and reporting capabilities.
Now that their brands have been certified, Amazon Seller Brand Registry users have access to a robust set of tools and programmes that not only help them safeguard their intellectual property but also make their brands more visible on Amazon and expand their businesses.
Over 130,000 brands have registered their names with Amazon, and since the launch of the Brand Registry, they have discovered and reported 99 percent fewer alleged infringers.
Advantages Among Those Listed On Amazon’s Website As Benefits Of The Amazon Brand Registry:
- Accurate Brand Representation:
It is more likely that shoppers will receive the accurate information related to your brand thanks to Amazon Brand Registry, which gives you more control over Amazon product pages that include your brand name.
- Powerful Search and Report Tools:
Amazon streamlines the process of finding instances of potential infringement using capabilities made especially for brands:
Search across all Amazon stores from one window, never leaving it, using the global search function.
- Use photos to search for Amazon product listings that correspond to your product(s) or logo (s).
- Search for a list of ASINs or product URLs in bulk to swiftly examine and report possibly illegal content (plus enlarge image thumbnails in this tool for easier identification of infringers).
- Sort the list of ASINs’ average customer ratings to determine their level of popularity.
After you’ve finished your search, the Brand Registry offers you straightforward, guided workflows for submitting a potential infringement report to Amazon for evaluation and possible action.
- Additional Proactive Brand Protections:
The Brand Registry leverages the details you supply about your brand to implement additional prognostic protections on top of Amazon’s standard proactive customer security measures in an effort to identify and minimise potentially harmful listings.
- The more details you give the Brand Registry team at Amazon about your brand and its intellectual property, the more effectively Amazon can help you safeguard your brand.
- Brand listings that falsely use your trademarked phrases in their titles and aren’t for your brand.
- Images of things with your emblem on them but without your brand name.
- Sellers who ship from places where your company doesn’t produce or distribute its products.
- Once your full product catalogue has been placed on Amazon, product listings bearing your brand name are made.
- Brand-Building Benefits:
Utilize resources like Enhanced Brand Content, Stores, Sponsored Brands, and the Brand Dashboard to expand and develop your Amazon business.
Amazon Brand Registry Costs
Amazon Brand Registry fees are not there at this time. However, you need to own a registered trademark in order to be qualified to apply for a Brand Registry.
A trademark registration normally costs between $225 and $400. However, these costs can change based on the kind of insurance you choose to buy.
Amazon Brand Registry: Eligibility & Application
Check your eligibility for the Amazon brand registration application on this page: brandservices.amazon.com/eligibility.
Step 1: Examine the Prerequisites
To be eligible for an application to the Amazon Brand Registry, your brand must currently be protected by a registered trademark in each of the nations where you desire to participate.
A text-based mark or an image-based mark with words, letters, or numerals must be used as your brand’s trademark.
Depending on where they are registered and whose trademark agency issued them, multiple categories of eligible trademarks may exist.
Amazon Is Presently Accepting The Following Trademarks For Registration:
All of Amazon’s enrollment requirements are listed below:
Step 2: Log In To The Amazon Brand Registry.
The next step is to sign up with the Amazon Seller Brand Registry if you meet the qualifying requirements. Use your Vendor or Seller Central login information to access the site if you are an Amazon vendor or seller.
You can access Amazon Brand Registry features and advantages pertaining to Vendor and Seller services by using the same account and password.
Step 3: Register Your Brand.
The following information must be provided in order to be eligible for an Amazon Brand registration:
- Your current, legally registered brand name.
- The identification number of the related, legally registered trademark.
- a list of product categories where your brand should be mentioned, like garments, sporting goods, and electronics.
- a number of nations where your organisation produces and sells its products.
In Brand Registry, How Is The Trademark Number Used?
Once you have filed the Brand Registry application, Amazon will email the person or address linked to the Trademark account. This email will include a case number code.
When you get this case number code, head over to Seller Central and paste it where it belongs. Remember that this trademark needs to be in use [confirm not pending].
Once all the parts are in place and all the information is complete, pay the $248 application fee and proceed with the application. The Brand Registry will be finished on schedule. Although different persons have experienced overnight turnaround times, others have.
To sum up, the actions listed below must be taken in order to register for the Brand Registry:
- Go to your Amazon Seller Central profile.
- Register as a user on the Amazon Brand Registry.
- Amazon asks for a trademark ID.
- You’ll receive an email from Amazon encouraging you to create a Trademark account. Then, you ought to get your case number code (in the email)
- the code into Seller Central by copying and pasting (Trademark needs to be live)
- pay the fee
Q 1: Can A Brand Be Registered Without A Trademark?
Answer: No, without a trademark, a brand cannot be registered.
Q2: How Long Does Amazon Brand Registry Take?
Answer: The full process takes about 15 minutes to complete online, and the brand registry may take up to 10 business days to complete, depending on the usual wait period of 2 days to 2 weeks.
Q 3: What is difference between brand and company?
Answer: Here is a little example to help you understand the relationship between a corporation and its brands. Now that you know about it, Unilever is an Anglo-Dutch global corporation that owns brands like these:
These brands now have their own objectives, such as: Sold by Surf Excel are the detergents Sun Silk offers products like conditioners and shampoos.
Informative Uniliver Fact:
The ice cream brand “Magnum” is Uniliver’s most well-known. Magnum is the top global brand today, selling 1 billion pieces annually.
Q4: What Are The Advantages Of The Amazon Brand Registry Programme?
- Complete control over a brand’s product listing is beneficial.
- It assists you in increasing sales since, following brand registry, you can create EBC (Enhance brand content), which gives your product description a stunning appearance and encourages customers to purchase your goods.
- It guarantees that the product information provided is accurate.
- It improves brand content.
- Unlock a range of potent tools.
- Such as: Vine, EBC (Enhance brand content), etc.